Change Processor Name Permanently
Solution: It is very easy to change your processor name permanently by creating a registry key and placing a shortcut to it in the windows start up folder. To do so, just follow the steps given below:-
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy and paste the exact code given below:-
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
To change the processor name, edit the part of the code given in blue. Also understand that in the above code should only be present if Windows store your processor name at that location. Please open Registry Editor and navigate to the above mentioned keys to check whether or not to include the .
3. Click on File Menu, click on Save As and select “All Types” in Save as Type option. Save the file as ProcessorNameChange.reg or *.reg.
4. Create a new shortcut on your desktop. Enter regedit / S “Location of the .reg file” as the location of the item. For example, enter regedit /S “C:Processor Name.reg” if your registry file is located in the root of C: drive.
5. Copy the created Shortcut file.
6. Navigate to C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup (in Windows XP) or to C:Users User-NameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup (in Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Also remember that AppData is a hidden folder.) if C: is your System drive.
7. Paste the copied file.
This registry file would now execute each time when Windows starts and the Processor Name String would be modified each time. So, even upon restarting your computer, you will see that the changed processor name is permanent.
Latest posts by Abishiekh Jain (see all)
- What are Humanoids | Top 10 Humanoid Robots | Humanoid Robotics - October 4, 2018
- 6 Internet Safety Tips For Everyone! - July 5, 2018
- 7 Types of Cyber Attacks that you need to know RIGHT NOW! - April 13, 2018